distributes approximately 1700 bags of groceries each week to over 1200
families. Nearly half of those we serve are children.
Long Term Clients:
- Very low income elderly who must choose between buying
- Very low income large families. Usually the "bread winner,"
employed, works at an entry level job. They may be taking job training
and literacy classes. If they are dedicated to getting a "Green Card,"
they are not eligible for food stamps.
- Single persons who are unemployed because of physical,
- Low income single parents who are working at low-paying entry
jobs or who are in job training. Some have fairly good jobs, but have
to pay the major share of the cost of childcare.
- Families or individuals who have applied for food stamps or
food assistance and are waiting for distribution to begin.
- Persons who are ill or disabled by an accident or surgery and
not have sick leave with their employer.
- Persons starting a new job after a period of unemployment.
need food for several weeks to be able to perform well at the new job
until they receive their first paycheck.